"Last chance" option?

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

"Last chance" option?

Post by amtrakuk »

I'm sorry if its been discussed elsewhere however as there are pages and pages of recordings its sometime hard to keep track of ones that are about to Auto Expire. I wondered if there is a way to create a grouping similar to the way "Watch List" is displayed but called "Last Chance" where and all the recordings that are coming up to auto expire to be listed?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: "Last chance" option?

Post by pvr4me »

Go to Information Center > System Status and maneuver to the tab "AutoExpire List". Recordings listed at the top will be deleted first.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

Thanks for your quick feedback Craig, is there a way to translate this into the programs listings, for ease of use?

Thanks
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

amtrakuk wrote:Thanks for your quick feedback Craig, is there a way to translate this into the programs listings, for ease of use?
Sorry, I don't understand your question. What do you mean by "translate this into the programs listings"?

Craig
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

Sorry I did not put that clearer. I see where you directed me to see the expiration list, however it would be good if the information in that list is displayed in the "Program Library" not hidden away in a section
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

amtrakuk wrote:Sorry I did not put that clearer. I see where you directed me to see the expiration list, however it would be good if the information in that list is displayed in the "Program Library" not hidden away in a section
I think I follow now, but...

Myth fundamentally assumes that it can use all available space on the drive(s) you give it. (Except for the free space you tell it to maintain.) It merrily goes along recording everything that you might ever want to watch based on the rules you set up. When space is too low, it automatically deletes stuff...again following the rules you set up. That way it keeps lots of stuff around in case you (or someone else in the house) want to watch it.

If stuff is deleted too quickly, either add more drives or record less.

Oh, and you can change the Storage options on any recording to ensure it is never deleted. Until you say so.

Craig
dekarl
Developer
Germany

Post by dekarl »

Pushing stuff, that is going to be gone soon, closer to the top of the watch list sounds like an option. Roger has some improvements for the watch list in the pipe in #12296. One improvement is support for different "watch list strategies". So your "Last Chance" could fit in there.
amtrakuk
Junior
Great Britain

Post by amtrakuk »

Fantastic. I think TiVo has that feature and I can imagine it would be really useful to see at a glance whats about to auto expire. :D