RTL-SDR

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on linux
warrenjb
Newcomer
United States of America

RTL-SDR

Post by warrenjb »

Have been using mythbuntu for many years as a pvr back end, kodi throughout home as front ends. All works great. Recently acquired a USB RTL-SDR dongle and wanted to setup mythtv backend for radio streaming to kodi front ends. Drivers are setup and the radio plays fine on OS (Lubuntu 16.04.7) but I cannot figure out how to get mythtv backend to see the rtl-sdr device and set up radio streaming. Is there a guide somewhere or can someone help me? Btw TV is running fine using a networked hdhomerun device.
warrenjb
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: RTL-SDR

Post by warrenjb »

Hi,

I have been using mythbuntu backend with database for many years as a pvr back end and kodi throughout the home as pvr front ends and the setup has worked great.

I recently acquired a USB RTL-SDR dongle and wanted to setup my mythtv backend for radio streaming to my kodi front ends.

The rtl-sdr drivers are setup on my mythbuntu machine and the radio plays fine on my OS (Lubuntu 16.04.7) but I cannot figure out how to get the mythtv backend to see the rtl-sdr device and set up radio streaming to my kodi devices.

Is there a guide somewhere I can follow or can someone help me?

Btw the TV is running fine using a networked hdhomerun device.

Thank you!
blm-ubunet
Senior
Cambodia

Re: RTL-SDR

Post by blm-ubunet »

MythTV only supports v4l-dvb (see LinuxTV website) & IP streams.
https://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/RealTek_RTL2832U