Troubleshooting Mythweb in FreeBSD Jail

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on FreeBSD
doctor15
Newcomer
United States of America

Troubleshooting Mythweb in FreeBSD Jail

Post by doctor15 »

I'm trying to setup mythweb on a new MythTV installation but am running into lots of issues.

I just get a broken image with nothing else. Apache and PHP appear to be working and mythweb.php loads, but the console shows an error "Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ; " This appears to be from PHP not loading settings, causing a blank that shouldn't be there. Specifically it is coming from the code in line 108 modules/_shared/tmpl/default/header.php .

Any ideas how to resolve this?
rykr
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Troubleshooting Mythweb in FreeBSD Jail

Post by rykr »

Did you get this working? I just setup 0.27.5 in a freenas jail as well but hadn't got this far. If this doesn't work could be a showstopper for me.
zakaron
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Troubleshooting Mythweb in FreeBSD Jail

Post by zakaron »

This reminds me of when I was first getting my setup going a couple months back. I was so focused on getting the underlying pieces installed that I did not yet configure Mythbackend. So when I had Apache & PHP configured, all I got was a broken link when loading the Mythweb page. I then realized my error -- I needed to get the backend running first! Once the backend is running, Mythweb ran fine. I have everything running in one jail (backend and Apache).

I followed the general setup from here: http://gavowen.ninja/2015/04/installing ... thtv-jail/
But did notice a couple variable changes I had to modify. In the mythweb.conf file (/usr/local/etc/apache24/extra/mythweb.conf) I used 512MB for “php_value memory_limit” because a couple advanced searches were erroring out citing memory when I used 256MB.
Another error I ran into was when I made channel edits and tried to save, there is a PHP value "max_input_vars" in /usr/local/etc/php.ini that defaults to 1000 - this limits the number of values that can be submitted from a web form, for security to prevent DoS attacks. This page is dynamic based on how many channels you have configured, but I just added a "0" to make my value 10000 instead and was okay submitting the page afterwards.