rbmisc
Junior
United States of America

Watch TV doesn't come up

Post by rbmisc »

mythfrontend.20150319225504.1725.log
(45.3 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
Craig,

I don't know if this is where I should be posting this. You have been a great help in the past. So I figure you could help me on this. When I select Watch TV all that happens is Playback Starting and then Watch TV selection is displayed again. I've verified that the tuner is still functioning, i.e. I did a station scan again.

I figure there is information in the log files but I don't know if I should attach the frontend log or database log. Which one do you think would be appropriate? I wish I could understand what is in these logs that I need to be looking for. I'm a programmer for embedded equipment not iMac's or PC's.

Let me know if you can help.
I attached mythfrontend log
Thanks,
Rick

Here is something I found in the MythTVbackend log from yesterday.

2015-03-18 17:56:07.601529 E [19/2579] CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:216 (OpenDatabase) - Unable to connect to database!
2015-03-18 17:56:07.601541 E [19/2579] CoreContext mythdbcon.cpp:217 (OpenDatabase) - Driver error was [1/2002]:
QMYSQL: Unable to connect
Database error was:
Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/dvr/var/run/mariadb/mysqld.sock' (2)

How do I resolve this?

I have been able to get Watch TV working again. I went through Setup and into the section for Schedules Direct and selected to get schedule for my area. Left Setup and started fill database. Watch TV worked after this.