[SOLVED] Repeated Security Risk Messages in Logs

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
leejk
Junior

[SOLVED] Repeated Security Risk Messages in Logs

Post by leejk »

Hello,

I've been trying to find a solution for this for a while now, but have come up empty handed. I am running Myth 0.27.4 on Yosemite. Functionally everything is good, but I keep getting the following message in the backend logs:

Code: Select all

2015-03-17 21:44:50.335266 C [333/11783] SSDP ssdp.cpp:339 (ProcessData) - SSDP Request from WAN IP address (0.0.0.0). Possible SSDP Reflection attempt. Ignoring as security risk.
This entry is getting generated about every second in the logs, and it is literally littering the log files, making trying to find valid information pretty hard. I have tried disabling IPv6 as someone in this post suggested: https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12305
That did not help. Can someone suggest any thing else to try, and maybe explain what causes Myth to output this message?

thx
Last edited by leejk on Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
stuartm
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Repeated Security Risk Messages in Logs

Post by stuartm »

Please upgrade, this was fixed weeks ago.
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

stuartm wrote:Please upgrade, this was fixed weeks ago.
I'd like to, but I'm using the macports version and not sure I can overwrite it with another build. Which version do most Mac users install?

thx
tvdave
Junior
Australia

Post by tvdave »

I understand that if you are using Macports you need to remain with it.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

leejk wrote:
I'd like to, but I'm using the macports version and not sure I can overwrite it with another build. Which version do most Mac users install?
Sorry, I need to cut a new installer with a more recent version of 0.27.4-fixes. Time has been very short recently but I will get to this soon. The new version will install over top of the existing version with no upgrade or migration required.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

tvdave wrote:I understand that if you are using Macports you need to remain with it.
Just to be clear, it is not like there is any lock in or anything. Your recordings are in whatever folder you directed Myth to put them in. You can backup your database and restore it somewhere else with no MacPorts-related issues. (Ie, just the normal stuff if you migrate to a new backend, etc.)

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

pvr4me wrote:
leejk wrote:
Sorry, I need to cut a new installer with a more recent version of 0.27.4-fixes. Time has been very short recently but I will get to this soon. The new version will install over top of the existing version with no upgrade or migration required.

Craig
No problem, I understand. I was just hoping to find a workaround in the meantime.

rgds
leejk
Junior

Post by leejk »

This problem was fixed by the latest MacPorts release... thanks Craig!