MythFrontEnd - Dynamic_cast error

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
pinacate
Newcomer
United States of America

MythFrontEnd - Dynamic_cast error

Post by pinacate » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:54 am

I installed using Macports Installer 0.27.4 on Yosemite Macbook Pro. Everything seems to install ok. I have an HDHomeRun and found a bunch of cable channels. but on running the frontend and selecting 'Watch TV" the frontend hangs. Looking at the Console for logs I see a couple of suspicious entries. Does anyone have a suggestion on what my next step should be?

Thanks!

12/4/14 7:23:21.740 PM loginwindow[65]: ERROR | -[PersistentAppsSupport saveLogoutPersistentState:finalSnapshot:] | Attempt to insert app with NULL bundle ID
12/4/14 7:24:25.918 PM mythfrontend[1565]: dynamic_cast error 2: One or more of the following type_info's has hidden visibility. They should all have public visibility. 10MythRender, 17MythRenderOpenGL1, 16MythRenderOpenGL.

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: MythFrontEnd - Dynamic_cast error

Post by pvr4me » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:33 pm

Just to confirm, did you work through all the setup steps in the following?

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts#Ini ... stallation

Then, guessing from what you wrote, you have an HDHomerun Prime with CableCard? If so, you would need to configure it following:

http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Silicondust_HDHomeRun_Prime

Please provide the most recent mythfrontend log from '/opt/dvr/var/log/mythtv.27/'

Craig
The MacPorts guy.

pinacate
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by pinacate » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:11 am

Hi Craig,
Thank you for the reply and apologies for being so slow to reply.

Yes, I did complete the instructions at: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts#Ini ... stallation

I have an HDHomeRun3 (not Prime if that matters). Myth setup found the HDHomeRun ok and it found channels so I'm hoping that parts ok.

I've attached the frontend log from my latest attempt.

Thanks again for your help!
Attachments
mythfrontend.20141210020442.3184.log
(62.95 KiB) Downloaded 22 times

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:23 am

pinacate wrote:Yes, I did complete the instructions at: http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MacPorts#Ini ... stallation

I have an HDHomeRun3 (not Prime if that matters). Myth setup found the HDHomeRun ok and it found channels so I'm hoping that parts ok.

I've attached the frontend log from my latest attempt.
Your log indicated that Myth waited ~18 seconds for video. That's far too long and suggests that the HDHomerun isn't configured properly.

I'm no expert on US cable systems but AIUI, there are very few cable systems in the US that provide much clear QAM which is all that that model of HDHR can receive. (It can receive OTA if you have an antenna.) How did you determine that the HDHR3 was the right tuner for your environment?

Craig
The MacPorts guy.

pinacate
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by pinacate » Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:48 am

Hi Craig,

I'm in San Diego,CA. True we don' get many clear QAM channels here but we do get the broadcast channels.

I'll look closely at the HDHomeRun configuration and see if I can get it to play video directly. I was thinking the MythFront end was the problem as it hangs when this happens but maybe it'd be happier if it had good video input.

Many thanks

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:46 pm

pinacate wrote:I'm in San Diego,CA. True we don' get many clear QAM channels here but we do get the broadcast channels.

I'll look closely at the HDHomeRun configuration and see if I can get it to play video directly. I was thinking the MythFront end was the problem as it hangs when this happens but maybe it'd be happier if it had good video input.
I should add that you have a copy of the SiliconDust software already; it is just that the 'hdhomerun_config' utility is named 'mythhdhomerun_config'. For example, you can run 'mythhdhomerun_config discover' to list the tuner boxes it can find. You probably should use mythhdhomerun_config to run a channel scan, tune to a channel that you think you ought to receive and then save a few minutes to a file. Can't remember the exact parameters for each of those; there is or used to be a pdf manual you could download from the SiliconDust site. Or ask on their forum. Once you have the file, you can test playback with VLC.

Craig
The MacPorts guy.