[Solved] MythTV master (v32)

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
jhoyt
Senior
United States of America

[Solved] MythTV master (v32)

Post by jhoyt »

I managed to get MythTV master (v32) to successfully compile and open on my system. Would anyone be willing to test the application against a master (v32) backend? Unfortunately I am unable to test it myself as I only have the one v31 backend and its my production system (i.e. the family would kill me if it was non-steady state).
Last edited by jhoyt on Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Re: MythTV master (v32)

Post by stuarta »

Best idea is to spin up a v32 backend in a VM somewhere. Copy in a couple of videos to use as test materials
jhoyt
Senior
United States of America

Post by jhoyt »

Stuart thank you for the suggestion. I had considered the VM route, but was optimistic someone else in the community with a mac had already made the jump to master and would be willing to test.

I suspect I'll probably do as you suggest in the near future. I am just trying to juggle time commitments outside of my "new found" hobby of providing MacOS MythTV binaries, build scripts, and bug reports to the MythTV community.

I was also hopeful to find some other folks willing to test the application (v31 seems to have a good group of folks using it and providing feedback). A one person testing system tends to miss things. My recent miss of the playback OSD rendering incorrectly is a prime example of needing more testers / fixing my own blind spots.

Finally, I only have limited resources to test more "legacy" installations (all of my systems are running the latest MacOS). In this case "works for me" has not meant "works for older HW/OSes". Having a diversity of testing of these things (retina/non-retina, High Sierra vs Catalina) will help quite a bit to make sure the MacOS code stays healthy.
jhoyt
Senior
United States of America

Post by jhoyt »

After doing as Stuart suggested (i.e. install a VM for a backend), it looks like Master (v32) is compiling and running correctly.

I'll post a copy of the .dmg up on the sourceforge site in a little while. https://sourceforge.net/projects/mythtvformacosx/