MythTV Macports Please help Uninstall Remove

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
daedik
Newcomer
United States of America

MythTV Macports Please help Uninstall Remove

Post by daedik »

Hello I installed MythTV using the link below. This program is installed on my Macbook Pro and it did not work properly, Nothing I do can seem to get it to work nor can I understand any of these instructions here online. I have tried to uninstall using
some of the uninstall instructions that I have found online but nothing seems to work.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/macport ... installer/

Please advise how I can remove this program from my system. I may try it again some other time but I think I will just go with EyeTV.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: MythTV Macports Please help Uninstall Remove

Post by pvr4me »

If you were unable to get anything configured and running, then it will create no problems when you install EyeTV.

The overwhelming majority of the files for Myth are installed in a series of directories under /opt/dvr. The others are under /Applications/MacPorts. If you feel compelled, delete those.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
daedik
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by daedik »

Hi thank you. I wish I could really get this Myth TV off the ground. But my limited understanding of how to do it is getting in the way. I finally found the /opt/dvr files you mentioned. I have not removed them yet but I cannot find the MacPorts files. They are not in my Applications folder anywhere. Can you direct me on where they might be?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

daedik wrote:Hi thank you. I wish I could really get this Myth TV off the ground. But my limited understanding of how to do it is getting in the way. I finally found the /opt/dvr files you mentioned. I have not removed them yet but I cannot find the MacPorts files. They are not in my Applications folder anywhere. Can you direct me on where they might be?
Seriously? If you use the Finder to view the Applications folder as a list, one of the first items should be the Address Book. Continue on down the list and you should find a folder for MacPorts.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.