Remote w/ FE

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
Codybear
Newcomer
United States of America

Remote w/ FE

Post by Codybear »

Just installed the FE build from dropbox and having problems with my remote working the up/down arrows. When in the FE, they are ignored. When in any other app, I get a volume indicator that doesn't appear to do anything. What I'm looking for is the up/down to move up/down in the FE menu.

The second problem I am having is editing the keyboard. I removed home and end from the SKIPCOMMBACK and SKIPCOMMERCIAL and moved them to JUMPRWND and JUMPFFWD. But when I press home/end I get the skip instead of the jump. Page up/down gets the jump. It's like the keyboard edit didn't do anything. Is this stored in a local file that I can verify? Would like the remote long left/right to do the jumps, which is doing the skips instead.
Codybear
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Remote w/ FE

Post by Codybear »

Second problem resolved by exiting the FE and restarting. All I need is the up/down arrows to work and I'll be able to navigate the menus. The remotes OBC for up is 10 and down is 12 in case there is an alternate coding for up/down that I should try.
Codybear
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: Remote w/ FE

Post by Codybear »

I did try OBC of 5 and 6 for up and down and that did not help. Does anyone know which frontend source module that is used to get the remote button pressed on the OS X?