SOLVED: Upgrading mythtv-core.28 via macports fails

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
Medieval Cow
Newcomer
United States of America

SOLVED: Upgrading mythtv-core.28 via macports fails

Post by Medieval Cow »

Hey all, I'm trying to upgrade my MythTV .28 install via MacPorts, and I'm getting a failure in Terminal. If I had it to do over again, I'd just download and run the installer, but I started out with the terminal install via MacPorts, and, well, here we are.

Here is my (slightly edited to remove URLS) Terminal output:
$ sudo port upgrade mythtv.28
---> Computing dependencies for mythtv-core.28
---> Fetching archive for mythtv-core.28
---> Attempting to fetch mythtv-core.28-0.28.2-Fixes-20180201_6.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from (URL I apparently can't post)
---> Attempting to fetch mythtv-core.28-0.28.2-Fixes-20180201_6.darwin_16.x86_64.tbz2 from (URL I apparently can't post)
---> Fetching distfiles for mythtv-core.28
---> Attempting to fetch mythtv-8238e839.tar.gz from (URL I apparently can't post)
---> Verifying checksums for mythtv-core.28
---> Extracting mythtv-core.28
---> Applying patches to mythtv-core.28
---> Configuring mythtv-core.28
Error: Failed to configure mythtv-core.28: p5.26-dbd-mysql must be installed with +mariadb and without +mariadb10_0+mariadb10_1+mysql4+mysql5+mysql51+mysql55+mysql56+mysql57+percona.
Error: See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/main.log for details.
Error: Follow (URL I apparently can't post) to report a bug.
I've attached the log file, but this seems to be the relevant bit:
:notice:configure ---> Configuring mythtv-core.28
:debug:configure Preferred compilers: clang macports-clang-5.0 macports-clang-4.0 macports-clang-3.9 apple-gcc-4.2
:debug:configure Using compiler 'Xcode Clang'
:debug:configure Executing proc-pre-org.macports.configure-configure-0
:debug:configure qt5 PortGroup: Qt is provided by qt5
:debug:configure Executing proc-pre-org.macports.configure-configure-1
:debug:configure Active variants check for source-type install considers depends_fetch depends_extract depends_lib depends_build depends_run: bzip2 exiv2 libass libbluray libcdio libdvdcss libiconv libxml2 fftw-3 fftw-3-single freetype lame openssl faac x264 x265 qt5-mysql-plugin qt5-qtscript qt5-qtwebkit taglib zlib py27-future py27-mysql py27-lxml py27-requests-cache py27-urlgrabber p5.26-dbd-mysql p5.26-http-request-ascgi p5.26-lwp-useragent-determined p5.26-io-socket-inet6 p5.26-date-manip p5.26-net-upnp qt5-qtbase pkgconfig yasm logrotate dejavu-fonts
:debug:configure qt5-mysql-plugin is installed with the following variants: +mariadb55
:debug:configure required: mariadb55, forbidden: mysql56
:debug:configure accepted
:debug:configure p5.26-dbd-mysql is installed with the following variants: +mysql56
:debug:configure required: mariadb, forbidden: mariadb10_0 mariadb10_1 mysql4 mysql5 mysql51 mysql55 mysql56 mysql57 percona
:debug:configure rejected, because required variant mariadb is missing
:error:configure Failed to configure mythtv-core.28: p5.26-dbd-mysql must be installed with +mariadb and without +mariadb10_0+mariadb10_1+mysql4+mysql5+mysql51+mysql55+mysql56+mysql57+percona.
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: p5.26-dbd-mysql must be installed with +mariadb and without +mariadb10_0+mariadb10_1+mysql4+mysql5+mysql51+mysql55+mysql56+mysql57+percona.
:debug:configure while executing
:debug:configure "$pre $targetname"
:error:configure See /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_multimedia_mythtv.28/mythtv-core.28/main.log for details.
I've been googling for a while and coming up empty. Help?
Attachments
main.log.zip
(9.13 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Last edited by Medieval Cow on Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: Upgrading mythtv-core.28 via macports fails

Post by pvr4me »

The key part is: "p5.26-dbd-mysql must be installed with +mariadb". Try:

Code: Select all

sudo port clean mythtv-core.28
sudo port install p5.26-dbd-mysql +mariadb
sudo port upgrade mythtv.28
Since you are doing an upgrade, I would have thought that it would respect your previous variant choice ("+mariadb"). Perhaps you previously installed when Perl 5.24 was current.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
Medieval Cow
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Medieval Cow »

Hey, that did the trick! Thanks for the quick response! Mind you, now I'm hitting a different issue where the frontend is crashing on startup, so hooray. Doesn't seem to be anything related to MacPorts, though, so I suppose that's progress of a sort. :-/

Semi-related, I used MacPorts to install this machine years ago and run several upgrades and it's all worked great. Is there somewhere you accept donations for development? Or failing that, a favorite charity or something I could throw a couple bucks at as thanks?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

Medieval Cow wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:53 am
Semi-related, I used MacPorts to install this machine years ago and run several upgrades and it's all worked great. Is there somewhere you accept donations for development? Or failing that, a favorite charity or something I could throw a couple bucks at as thanks?
Thanks for the thought! A charitable donation related to COPD research would be a tremendous gesture. In Canada, that's the Canadian Lung Association (lung.ca). I believe lung.org is the same thing in the US.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
Medieval Cow
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: SOLVED: Upgrading mythtv-core.28 via macports fails

Post by Medieval Cow »

Done and done! And my employer matches donations, so we got to double up on that as well. Thanks again!