MythTV 29-fixes standalone frontend.app

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: MythTV 29-fixes standalone frontend.app

Post by pvr4me »

Thanks!

I've very briefly tested your frontend with a test version of 29 running on OS X. I did note, however, that your version seems to suffer the same problems with certain controls in Setup that I saw with the version I built. Details at:

https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12857#comment:8

And once the problem starts happening, keyboard input stops working in other settings screens. At least until a mouse click somewhere on the screen gets things going temporarily.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
warpme
Translator
Poland

Post by warpme »

I suspect issue is by differently behaving Qt 5.5 in OSX and Linux (as IFAIK issue from #12857 isn't present in Linux platform).
Another possibility is in-proper calling of Qt in some of OSX ifdef sections in mythtv code...
Probably good test will be to switch to newer/different Qt and see.
Maybe someday I'll try this route - but - due many other things (and also many other mythtv related activities) - this is on low priority in my plate ;-p
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

warpme wrote:I suspect issue is by differently behaving Qt 5.5 in OSX and Linux (as IFAIK issue from #12857 isn't present in Linux platform).
Another possibility is in-proper calling of Qt in some of OSX ifdef sections in mythtv code...
Probably good test will be to switch to newer/different Qt and see.
Maybe someday I'll try this route - but - due many other things (and also many other mythtv related activities) - this is on low priority in my plate ;-p
Re Qt version, I was running fixes/0.28 - Qt 5.5 when I first reported the error. Still seeing it with fixes/29 - Qt 5.8.0.

I've been trying to methodically test the new MFE settings UI. Tough to find time to walk through ALL the crazy options. After nearly 10 years with Myth, there are still a bunch where I no clue what they are supposed to do. Eg Setup > Audio > Override SRC quality!?

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.