Macports 0.28.1 Fixes and Start Stop app

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on OSX
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Macports 0.28.1 Fixes and Start Stop app

Post by sfatula »

So, I have upgraded to 0.28.1 via Macports standard port upgrade, and, I have a problem. Running any of the MacPorts apps from the Finder (Myth_Stop_Start, MythFrontend) yields a permission denied error in the system log, and, a message in the Mac GUI of The application "Myth_Stop_Start.app" can't be opened. Indeed, using terminal windows, I can see that the Info.plist file points to applet in the MacOS dir, and, applet does not have execute permissions. I would think it would need it, and in fact adding it allows it to run. I did a port selfupdate today to get the latest ports.

Code: Select all

Apr 11 14:45:19 Steves-iMac com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.xpc.launchd.oneshot.0x10000022.applet[60177]): Could not find and/or execute program specified by service: 13: Permission denied: /Applications/MacPorts/MythTV/Myth_Stop_Start.app/Contents/MacOS/applet
Within the dir /Applications/MacPorts/MythTV/Myth_Stop_Start.app/Contents/MacOS we see the following and note the date:

bash-3.2# ls -l
total 56
-rw-r--r--+ 1 root  admin  25028 Oct 29 01:40 applet
One level up (cd ..)

bash-3.2# ls -l
total 16
-rw-r--r--+ 1 root  admin  796 Apr 11 13:39 Info.plist
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  admin  102 Apr 11 13:48 MacOS
-rw-r--r--+ 1 root  admin    8 Apr 11 13:39 PkgInfo
drwxr-xr-x  5 root  admin  170 Apr 11 13:48 Resources
Have any idea why this would be messed up?
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Re: Macports 0.28.1 Fixes and Start Stop app

Post by pvr4me »

Haven't seen this one before.

Could you please re-run the installer but DON"T QUIT at the end. You will be able to view and save the installer log file. Please upload a copy here.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
sfatula
Senior
United States of America

Re: Macports 0.28.1 Fixes and Start Stop app

Post by sfatula »

Don't have the time right now sadly, if anyone else has the problem, they can post here the details. Leaving the country for a while! I simply changed the permissions on all of the applet's.