Windows Version ?

For discussion of topics specific to MythTV on windows
robw1uk
Newcomer
Great Britain

Windows Version ?

Post by robw1uk »

Hi all

Is there a good stable version for windows so i can use for my iptv to record stuff ? .

From the dates of the last post is it dead in the water now ?

i just want something stable that i can schedule recordings from epg or manually and let it do its stuff .

cheers

Rob
puterboy
Junior
United States of America

Re: Windows Version ?

Post by puterboy »

I am looking for a stable binary for 29.1 as the process to self-compile seems onerous at best - given that I am not a developer and certainly not a Windows developer.
I used to have a stable version back on ver. 23 or so... and was surprised to find that 10 years later there seems to be less rather than more Windows support and enthusiasm.

There must be others out there who have Linux servers but use Windows for their laptops or other "work" or "family" machines...
dgriffin
Junior
United States of America

Post by dgriffin »

Yes, it would be nice to have an already compiled version of the MythTV Frontend compatible with version 29, or perhaps even the new version 30. I do not have a build environment for WIndows and I am not interested in setting one up. It's hard enough to keep the Linux backends with Linux and Mac OS X frontends going. Actually I prefer pre-built Mac frontends also, but they too have a significant lack of visible support.
daraden
Senior
United States of America

Post by daraden »

If you are on Windows 10 you could try running the Ubuntu packages through WSL(Windows subsystem for Linux).
puterboy
Junior
United States of America

Post by puterboy »

Has anyone successfully compiled Mythtv 29.1 or 30 for Windows?
Seems like not an easy task...

It's a shame because there used to be frequently posted binaries ~10 years ago for version 22/23...
And at least mythfrontend worked really well then...
Surprised that support for and prevalence on Windows seems to have taken several steps back in the past decade...

Amy advice on how to get a working version beyond following the old seemingly arduous self-compile/cross-compile route...
Tarchet
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Tarchet »

The best stable actual version is WIndows 10

Please ignore, this is a post from a spammer.
dgriffin
Junior
United States of America

Post by dgriffin »

Hello Tarchet, do you have a pointer to a Windows 10 package for MythTV, either version 29 or 30??? Or perhaps a recipe for building the package on a Windows system?