Olympic Hockey on CBC

Moderator: knight

pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Olympic Hockey on CBC

Post by pvr4me »

Yeah, this is mostly a test, but...

I'd like to record the Olympic hockey games. CBC's schedule is just a huge block each day so I'd be recording hours of stuff I'm not interested in. Any ideas on how to zero in on just the games I want?

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
phatest
Newcomer
Canada

Re: Olympic Hockey on CBC

Post by phatest »

I've been doing the same thing, not just hockey, The way events are being broadcast, things are intertwined, so for example during hockey intermission we will get qualy for luge. What I have been doing is going through Upcoming Recordings and adding overrides (since my recording rule just says record all XXII Winter Olympics) for the blocks that I want.
pvr4me
Senior
Canada

Post by pvr4me »

Building on what you said, I've created a 'record any time, any channel' rule but set it inactive. I've then activated a few particular showings that look worthwhile. Still not as fine-grained as I'd like, but better.

Craig
Formerly the MacPorts guy.
ChristopherNeufeld
Newcomer
Canada

Post by ChristopherNeufeld »

I've got a custom rule to pick out only the broadcasts that include curling:

program.description LIKE '%curling%' AND channel.callsign = 'CBOT-DT'

Naturally, I could refine this if I wanted, to make sure the program.title is XXII Olympics, but CBC isn't putting on any other curling over the next two weeks. This custom rule picks out the Ottawa CBC OTA broadcasts that include curling in the descriptive text.

Note, though, that CBC isn't the sole source of coverage for some events. If you want to make sure to catch all the broadcasts of a particular event, you probably have to edit this to allow channel matches for TSN, TSN2, SNE, and SN1.