Report Forum Bugs or Errors Here

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

stuartm
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Report Forum Bugs or Errors Here

Post by stuartm »

It comes up as the first result for me?

Appears in the top two for Bing, Startpage, DuckDuckGo and IxQuick as well
Gribnif
Junior
United States of America

Session timeout

Post by Gribnif »

In the past week or two, this forum has gone from having a really long session timeout (a couple of weeks, I think) to just a few hours. Now, pretty much every time I want to look for new messages I have to log in again. Is this really due to a configuration change in the forum, or is it just something odd with my browser?
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Session timeout

Post by stuarta »

Gribnif wrote:In the past week or two, this forum has gone from having a really long session timeout (a couple of weeks, I think) to just a few hours. Now, pretty much every time I want to look for new messages I have to log in again. Is this really due to a configuration change in the forum, or is it just something odd with my browser?
It's definitely your browser. I increased the default timeout when I setup the forum months ago because it's far too short :) It's not been changed since then.
Gary Buhrmaster
Junior
United States of America

IPv6 connectivity?

Post by Gary Buhrmaster »

Did we lose IPv6 connectivity to the forum? I had though (although I could have been imagining it) the previous forum (on the "temporary" server) was accessible via IPv6. Yes, I know OSUOSL is not (yet) IPv6 enabled. But I want my IPv6! I will note that NERO, OSUOSLs upstream recently (30 days ago?) announced they are supporting IPv6, and OSUOSL has announced they are sending in the requests to get their prefix, so maybe RSN.....
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuarta »

I'd stopped announcing IPv6 AAAA records for the forum several months back. I've chased osuosl about IPv6 connectivity and once they finished laughing, they indicated it's on the todo list, but relies on the university enabling it. This equates to no time soon. Once i've migrated the rest of the stuff to the new host, i'll look into getting a tunnel in the short term.

What I really want is full native dual stack connectivity :)
Gary Buhrmaster
Junior
United States of America

Post by Gary Buhrmaster »

stuarta wrote:i'll look into getting a tunnel in the short term.
While I have used tunnels quite a bit (probably even before most of the "public" knew they even existed) getting the MTU issues right can be quite difficult. In particular, a common (free) tunnel broker is HE, and their tunnel routers either rate limit "too big" packets (and rate limiting is a necessary evil with the control plane resources), simply do not have the capacity for fragmentation on some paths, or the ICMP "too big" packets are upstream blocked, any of which can result in a bad IPv6 experience. To get things working well you may need to add iptable PMTU clamping (or play other interface MTU games). While I have not doubt that you are capable to get it all working, perhaps it is not worth the effort for the few "crazies" (of which I am a member).
What I really want is full native dual stack connectivity :)
What we all want..... Fortunately my ISP offers it. And OSUOSL is suggesting RSN now that their upstream is offering it.... http://inkscape.13.x6.nabble.com/lance- ... 72505.html so I am more than willing to wait a reasonable period before bringing it up again.
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuarta »

Gary,

I'm one of the crazies too. I have full native dual stack at my house and have played with tunnels back before he.net even started offering them ;-)
yonkiman
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by yonkiman »

Not a bug or an error, but...it''s difficult/impossible to search for some of the things I'd really like to search for, like "16.04" or "0.28" - both get filtered out by the search code.

Of course one can google
site:forum.mythtv.org "0.28"
but if there was some way to make the search work better it would be great. For example, I don't think Google will let me search Topic Titles Only (would love to be corrected on that!).
busbee
Junior
United States of America

Post by busbee »

grumpydevil wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:54 am
while registering, if you set the language (to different then the default), it takes effect immediately. This also results in some already filled in fields (password confirmation as important example) to go blank.
I would suggest to let the language setting only have effect after the confirmation. ;)
I just registered and had a similar problem.

When I changed the language pref, it went back to acceptance page.
NP, i accepted again,
then it went back to my input (username, pw, etc) and had the OLD language.
Infinite repeat!

So I went with British English... it doesn't want me to be American English.
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Post by white_haired_uncle »

This just showed up at the top of the main page.

Code: Select all

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rmcgirr83/nationalflags/core/nationalflags.php on line 219: array_count_values() expects parameter 1 to be array, bool given
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/rmcgirr83/nationalflags/core/nationalflags.php on line 221: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable