[SOLVED] Visible option in channel editor

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

[SOLVED] Visible option in channel editor

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Is there a difference between Not Visible and Never Visible? Or Always Visible and Visible? Perhaps something in the way the values might (not) change due to a channel scan or something?

BTW, the help displayed at the bottom of the screen when this value is selected is incorrect in channel editor. It lists Always twice (the second should be either Never or Not, I forget which).
Last edited by white_haired_uncle on Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: Visible option in channel editor

Post by bill6502 »

In master (v34-Pre tag), the prompt reads:

Code: Select all

"If set to Always Visible or Visible, the channel will be visible in the EPG.  Set to Always Visible or Never Visible to prevent MythTV and other utilities from automatically managing the value for this channel.
Any program/app/API... that can change the visibility should honor the Always/Never visibility types and not change them unless the user allows it.

As for the typo, mention your MythTV version and theme and maybe someone can spot it.

Ref: https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/m ... s.cpp#L400
white_haired_uncle
Senior
United States of America

Re: Visible option in channel editor

Post by white_haired_uncle »

Thanks.

MythTV Version : v33.1+fixes.202302200304.c273ed0f9a~ubuntu22.04.1
MythTV Branch : fixes/33
Network Protocol : 91
Library API : 33.20220913-1

MythCenter-wide 1.10. I didn't think about the theme, but now that I've played with a few a lot of things make more sense.