Preventing FillMythMetadata_pl from scrapping "Home Movies"

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

leonade
Newcomer
Australia

Preventing FillMythMetadata_pl from scrapping "Home Movies"

Post by leonade »

Apologies if this has already been asked, I was unable to find any reference to it.

I store my personal Blue-Ray collection within the Myth Videos library and FillMythMetadata_pl works great.
My problem is that I also store family/home videos here as well and whenever rescanning my video library, FillMythMetadata_pl tries to scrap data for these family videos.
I know you can block FMMD_pl from scrapping metadata by using custom nfo files, (one per file) but is there a way to have FMMD_pl skip entire directories?
I would like it to work as intended but when reaching specific directories, just skip all the videos under that directory.

Cheers,
Leon
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: Preventing FillMythMetadata_pl from scrapping "Home Movies"

Post by paulh »

One way would be to add your own *.mxml file for them but that is per file not per directory.
leonade
Newcomer
Australia

Post by leonade »

Thanks for the idea paulh,
Unfortunately, with the number of home videos my wife and kids make, there are thousands of videos... (hence it slows down the metadata search.)
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

One idea would be to not search for any metadata for directories with a special hidden file called something like say '.nometadata' or '.private' or '.homemovies'. Maybe someone can think of a better name ;)

Sounds like a fairly easy task but I'm getting a headache just thinking about looking at the old mythvideo code - some of it has got so many layers to it it's easy to get lost. :roll: :?