New "Standby" Message

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BillK
Senior
United States of America

New "Standby" Message

Post by BillK »

Very recently, I started getting a pop-up message when I go to "Media Library -> Watch Recordings" saying the backend is in standby while recording. It doesn't stop me from watching recordings after I {Escape} out of it. Other than the extra keystroke to watch recordings, it's not a problem, but I'm curious as to why the new "feature".
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: New "Standby" Message

Post by paulh »

There is no new "feature" added that I know of that would do that :?

It kind of sounds like the idle timer has kicked in and what you are seeing is the standby screen but that would show after a period of inactivity (no key presses or remote movement or video playing). That's been there a long time though. There is a setting to set the idle time or disable it. It's under Settings -> General - > Shutdown/Reboot Settings -> Idle time before entering standby mode. Set it to 0 to disable it.
BillK
Senior
United States of America

Post by BillK »

I've had mythtv running for years, using it almost every day, and I've never seen this until very recently. It seems to be a power-saving feature for battery-powered computers, but mine isn't one.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

OK if it's not the standby screen then I don't know :?: I'm curious to see what it is now :) Show us a screen shot of what you see :idea: