VBox TV Gateway, 4144

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

cleber63
Newcomer
Brazil

VBox TV Gateway, 4144

Post by cleber63 »

Hi all,
I wonder if you can help me.
I have a Vbox TV Gateway, 4144 which I installed in Brazil to watch Brazilian channels while I live in London/England.
However, I have to reboot it every 6 hours, otherwise, the channels keep buffering. I have checked my internet connection, turner's strength, and all seems absolutely fine. the Software/hardware seems to be updated Software Version XTI_VT.2.66.20.1 (Up to date).

I am not sure what to do as I have contacted the Vbox support team many times and had no reply. any advice, suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

best,
Cleber
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Re: VBox TV Gateway, 4144

Post by paulh »

Are you using it for DVB-C or DVB-T?

There has been a report that using it for cable this box can become unstable
viewtopic.php?f=36&t=3989&hilit=VBox+TV+Gateway#p20031

VBox seem to have had a change of personnel and there technical support has become very bad to non existent :(. It can take 4 or 5 days to respond now which isn't good enough.

Hopefully if enough people keep complaining they will get the message and fix there broken firmware.
cleber63
Newcomer
Brazil

Re: VBox TV Gateway, 4144

Post by cleber63 »

Hi,
In Brazil we use Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting - Terrestrial (ISDB-T) not DVB-C. Yes, they are getting worse every day. It’s been a month already and no reply from them. I’m watching the channels but I have to keep rebooting every 6 hours so I have my channels up. It may be a minor bug in their firmware but no reply from them at all.