oldrecorded" table and season and episode numbers

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mtrax
Junior
Australia

oldrecorded" table and season and episode numbers

Post by mtrax »

I'm trying to search my database what shows I have watched and
deleted, I assume this is in the "oldrecorded" table.
I see the season and episode columns haven't got any data thats
present in the recorded table.

ie its always 0 in oldrecorded, shouldn't this be copied over when deleted?
flitter
Newcomer
Australia

Re: oldrecorded" table and season and episode numbers

Post by flitter »

Hi,

I'm seeing this too... it looks like the season and episode numbers are not transferred from recorded to record and oldrecorded when the episodes are moved to those tables.

I see that issue 12218 was logged for something similar before and closed as invalid as the listings source didn't provide season/episode information. In my case I am receiving that information into the recorded table but it doesn't seem to carry forward to record, oldrecord, oldrecorded.

Is this still expected?

Thanks!
dizygotheca
Developer
Great Britain

Post by dizygotheca »

it looks like the season and episode numbers are not transferred from recorded to record and oldrecorded
You mean from record to recorded/oldrecorded ?

See https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12141#comment:1
Season/episode provided by listings aren't retained (as they're unreliable in some parts of the world). So your answer is: Yes.
AIUI the recording history season/episode should be populated by the metadata lookup function. If the lookup is succeeding but it isn't being retained then I believe that's a bug. Myth version ?

I don't use the metadata lookup myself - I've patched Scheduler::AddNewRecords to use the listings season/episode, as it's reliable enough for me...
flitter
Newcomer
Australia

Post by flitter »

Thanks, that

Yes - from recorded to oldrecorded, i'm on v0.27.5-3-g9498257. I agree about the metadata lookup, i've got a process importing recordings from other sources into the database which populates the season/episode information into the database via other methods.

I've use the recorded table to put the series/episode into because the program table didn't seem to have suitable fields for it (and myth web shows it if it's in recorded) (i'm being bad by writing directly to the tables rather than using the API as i'm using bash to handle the import - sorry!)... if I use syndicatedepisodenumber in the program table for the imported information would that cary forward to recorded/oldrecorded/etc.?
dizygotheca
Developer
Great Britain

Post by dizygotheca »

Sorry, I've probably been misleading you. Season/episode/part were added to the program table in 0.28pre (back in 2013) but not back-ported to 0.27. That ticket I referenced is also specific to 0.28pre.

IIRC syndicatedepisodenumber is a field used only for display so you could poke something into it and see what happens!
In 0.26 I did use it as part of my hacks to pass season/episode around but I don't use MythWeb, so don't know if you'll see it there.

But bearing in mind the significant changes in season/episode between 0.27 & 0.28 you may want to mitigate your effort. Or upgrade to 0.28 first.
flitter
Newcomer
Australia

Post by flitter »

I was afraid there were schema changes in 0.28. I've been hanging out for it to be a full release before doing the upgrade as I don't want to get ahead of myself given the central place in the media system it has. Upgrading isn't going to create old recording data so I'll do some research and see what effect and upgrade might have.

Thanks!