Database tidy up

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Lester_Burnham
Junior
Australia

Database tidy up

Post by Lester_Burnham »

Hi,

I’m looking for the simplest/best approach to tackle this problem of the networks adding non-essential info to the EIT stream. In Australia they tend to do this fairly often, just to upset us ad skippers I think.

I can only see it being done in three ways. EIT stage (doubt it very much), mythlink.pl stage (possibly with change of code) or direct edit of database recorded table. (mythlink.pl is called by cron every 30mins)

Can someone help me with a non-destructive way to edit the "recorded" table of the database to clean up some show titles that have useless info in them from the EIT data? This is hopefully a one every now and then thing from one channel.

Code: Select all

mysql> SELECT title FROM recorded;
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| title                                                                            |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Wheeler Dealers                                                                  |
| Wheeler Dealers                                                                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 2:31 PM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 2:48 PM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 6:59 PM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 7:07 PM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 8:30 AM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 8:31 AM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 8:34 AM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 8:36 AM)                  |
| Wheeler Dealers (Includes Sneak Peek - Lego Masters at 8:47 AM)                  |
305 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> 
As you can see, I would like to remove everything in the brackets, including the brackets and space before it probably.
The reason is, I use mythlink.pl to export shows to plex for viewing on other devices and it creates too many folders of the same thing. Instead of one folder with "Wheeler Dealers" with the episodes inside. They've stopped advertising that show now, but I'd like to tidy it up if easily done, as it will no doubt happen again in the future some time.

Thanks,
Lester