Inverting program list order for UPnP

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Murtagh
Newcomer
United States of America

Inverting program list order for UPnP

Post by Murtagh »

I access my MythTV primarily through UPnP. However, the UPnP client device that I want to use has an inconvenient trait. When Myth records items, they are presented in a FILO (first in, last out) order such as:

Program 1:Episode 3
Program 1:Episode 2
Program 1:Episode 1

My client device likes to autoplay programs from the top of the list, moving from program to program automatically. The problem is if I have multiple episodes as in my example above, it plays them in reverse order.

Is it possible to invert how Myth presents program lists to a UPnP client? If the programs were presented in a FIFO order, my client would play them in correct order. I have poked around the settings, but I did not see a suitable option.

Thanks for the help!
Murtagh
Vaska
Junior
Canada

Re: Inverting program list order for UPnP

Post by Vaska »

I only just recently noticed programs listing the oldest on top in Mythfrontend, just the opposite of what it used to be. I believe this is a new sorting behavior, or bug perhaps.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Setup>video>Playback>View Recordings
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
Murtagh
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Murtagh »

wesnewell wrote:
Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:54 am
Setup>video>Playback>View Recordings
Thanks for the reply, but that solution seems to only work in the MythTV frontend. I am looking for the same effect applied to UPnP frontends. I agree that this would be ideal if I could handle it frontend side, but it isn't an option. So I am left chasing any possible Myth solutions.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

Yeah, that was more in answer to Vaska's post. I don't know much about UpNP, but I would think that would be a client problem. Don't they just read the directories?
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
Murtagh
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Murtagh »

I would say it is a interface problem more than client, because solutions exist on both sides. I am not technical enough in this field to know the details, but yes, the UPnP client reads what the server provides. But if the server is capable of presenting the data in a reversed order, the client will read it in the order I want. If that is not possible, no big deal. But if the server can pull that trick, I have interest in knowing how.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

You'll probably have to hack the code to get it to do what you want.

I know nothing about the uPnp code but this looks promising try changing the ORDER BY clause here and see what happens.
https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/blob/m ... v.cpp#L929
Murtagh
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by Murtagh »

Thanks for the info! I'll probably just keep putting up with the minor annoyance. I don't trust my ability to maintain modifications to a live codebase. B-)

Thanks for providing a good product!
Murtagh