[Solved] Mythtv 29.1 suddenly failed to record

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Post Reply
pinnerite
Senior
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm
Great Britain

[Solved] Mythtv 29.1 suddenly failed to record

Post by pinnerite » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:07 pm

After running well for several weeks, the first symptom was failure to record.
The status report suggested a backend setup problem.
I re-ran the full backend setup, including a long-winded full scan.
Following a reboot, live TV could be received.

A day later it could not and recordings during the evening had failed.

This was the status

<thelma@origen ~/temp $ cat status.txt
● mythtv-backend.service - MythTV Backend
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/mythtv-backend.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Sun 2020-01-19 17:57:16 GMT; 3h 51min ago
Docs: https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Mythbackend
Main PID: 1148 (mythbackend)
Tasks: 33 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/mythtv-backend.service
└─1148 /usr/bin/mythbackend --quiet --syslog local7

Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: N Expire autoexpire.cpp:637 (SendDeleteMessages) Expiring 5 MB for 1057 at 2020-01-07T13:42:01Z => "Trucking Hell"
Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: N Expire autoexpire.cpp:637 (SendDeleteMessages) Expiring 1559 MB for 1001 at 2020-01-05T20:59:01Z => "The Trial of Christine Keeler"
Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E CoreContext programinfo.cpp:2608 (GetPlaybackURL) ProgramInfo(1057_20200107134201.ts): GetPlaybackURL: '1057_20200107134201.ts' should be local, but it can not be found.
Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E CoreContext mainserver.cpp:3069 (DoHandleDeleteRecording) MainServer: ERROR when trying to delete file: GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/origen.asandco/1057_20200107134201.ts. File doesn't exist. Database metadata will not be removed.
Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E CoreContext programinfo.cpp:2608 (GetPlaybackURL) ProgramInfo(1001_20200105205901.ts): GetPlaybackURL: '1001_20200105205901.ts' should be local, but it can not be found.
Jan 19 21:40:57 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E CoreContext mainserver.cpp:3069 (DoHandleDeleteRecording) MainServer: ERROR when trying to delete file: GetPlaybackURL/UNABLE/TO/FIND/LOCAL/FILE/ON/origen.asandco/1001_20200105205901.ts. File doesn't exist. Database metadata will not be removed.
Jan 19 21:41:45 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E TVRecEvent mythcorecontext.cpp:349 (ConnectToMasterServer) MythCoreContext::ConnectToMasterServer(): ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!
Jan 19 21:46:03 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: I Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2356 (HandleReschedule) Reschedule requested for MATCH 0 1 0 2020-01-19T22:00:00Z EITScanner
Jan 19 21:46:03 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: I Scheduler scheduler.cpp:2469 (HandleReschedule) Scheduled 46 items in 0.0 = 0.01 match + 0.00 check + 0.01 place
Jan 19 21:46:45 origen.asandco mythbackend[1148]: mythbackend[1148]: E TVRecEvent mythcorecontext.cpp:349 (ConnectToMasterServer) MythCoreContext::ConnectToMasterServer(): ERROR: Master backend tried to connect back to itself!
/>

pinnerite
Senior
Posts: 139
Joined: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm
Great Britain

Re: Mythtv 29.1 suddenly failed to record [SOLVED?]

Post by pinnerite » Mon Jan 20, 2020 11:27 am

The system was already 'on' this morning and the backend was off.
I checked status, which confirmed that.
I started the backend and then the status which indicated all was well.
I started the front end and it behaved normally.
I later started it from my (remote) work maxchine and it has been fine, so far for about an hour.
EXCEPT, the server became inaccessible, verified by a ping.
Yet it restarted again about 15 seconds later.
The link is by WiFi.
It would seem that this instability may be at the heart of the problem.
Pro Tem, please treat this as "solved".

EDIT: Done, also, easy to mark [Solved]. Just edit the Subject: line in the initial post of a thread.

Post Reply