Comcasts - DRM or no

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

bigboystan
Newcomer
United States of America

Comcasts - DRM or no

Post by bigboystan »

I am in the south New Jersey area and have Verizon Fios. Most channels are not DRM however there are few (mostly an assorment of FOX channels) that are and I can't record them. For other reasons, I am planning to switch to Comcast Xfinity but am worried if they have more (or less) DRM channels.

Can anyone with Comcast tell me their experiance with DRM in 2020.

Thanks in advance.
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Re: Comcasts - DRM or no

Post by heyted »

Comcast generally only has DRM on the premium channels like HBO. This is the case in my area. I have FOX and the FOX news channels. All channels are not clear QAM, so a cablecard tuner is needed. Good luck. If you are in the USA, why is your flag set to Antigua?
Ted | My blog
bigboystan
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by bigboystan »

Thanks for the reply. I will let you know if I find anything different after switching.

I was born in Antigua although I live in the USA now. Antigua doesn't get much publicity so I thought it was neat when I could pick that flag. I guess I see how that could cause some confusion with questions.
kbocek
Senior
United States of America

Post by kbocek »

Ditto here in San Francisco. I've been running cablecard on HDHomerun for years. Yeah, the premium channels are out as well as some odd channel groups here and there. But all the main channels are there.