Pre-populate titles/categories/etc for easier scheduling of future shows?

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wmorrison
Junior
United States of America

Pre-populate titles/categories/etc for easier scheduling of future shows?

Post by wmorrison » Fri Sep 27, 2019 9:28 pm

Is there any comprehensive source for known titles/categories/etc. that may be imported to mythconverg, independent of schedule?

This would be great to pre-populate a new MythTV system, to make it easier to schedule programs that have not yet been loaded my mythfilldatabase and therefore don't appear when searching by title or category.

I know you can create custom rules for this, typing in the name, but that's not very user-friendly. I can do it, but not everyone in my house will want to, plus it's a bit time-consuming.

heyted
Senior
United States of America

Re: Pre-populate titles/categories/etc for easier scheduling of future shows?

Post by heyted » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:01 am

Is there any comprehensive source for known titles/categories/etc. that may be imported to mythconverg, independent of schedule?
Not that I know of.
This would be great to pre-populate a new MythTV system, to make it easier to schedule programs that have not yet been loaded my mythfilldatabase and therefore don't appear when searching by title or category.
I use Mythrecmaze, so when I am setting up a new system, I just need to install Mythrecmaze to automatically record the shows I follow on tvmaze.com. I will be changing this program soon to make it easier to install. I have not tested it with over-the-air tuners or Schedules Direct.
Ted | My blog

wmorrison
Junior
United States of America

Re: Pre-populate titles/categories/etc for easier scheduling of future shows?

Post by wmorrison » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:47 am

Going to check out TVWish, linked from the Unofficial Plugins page.

http://www.templetons.com/brad/myth/tvwish.html
https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Unofficial_Plugins