A big Thankyou

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

alanm
Newcomer
Great Britain

A big Thankyou

Post by alanm » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Hi all. First post.

I'm sure we will all be putting lots of issues etc here in the future, but let me be the first to post a big thankyou to all the developers. :D

I have been running Mythtv for over 10 years and though in that time the backend hardware has been completely changed upgraded, replaced, RMA'd I am still using the same database and still have many videos going back to the days of .nuv.

In daily use, the system has been rock steady, depite surviving several house moves, retunes, countless HD RMAs (gotta love the old Seagate 5 year warranty) PSU failures..

Although there are other systems out there, I've found Mythtv to be the only one which measures up to what I want and which gives a nice easy to use environment for some with many nice features under the hood for more technical minded people. It also gives me a good excuse to run a Linux server 24x7 :)

cheers

Al
Mythtv 0.26 | UB 12.04LTS | Nova T500s | 2T + 1T RAID

jflatt
Newcomer
United States of America

Re: A big Thankyou

Post by jflatt » Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:51 pm

A big thanks from me too. I started on 0.16 many years ago, although in that time my hardware has barely changed. My whole house is effectively running off of MythTV. I recently had people over for SuperBowl and watched several hours of live TV on multiple frontends without a hitch.

ggervasio
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by ggervasio » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:10 pm

Another "me, too". MythTV was the killer app that got me to buy and build my first x86 PC. I started in November 2002 with v0.7 and have managed to keep the original database through numerous changes and upgrades.

NikosF
Junior
United States of America

Post by NikosF » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:03 am

Another me too.

I started with Myth under Fedora in the UK with a DVB-S card and a Sky card working with a CAM. Now I'm in the US running Ubuntu and a Comcast CableCard. Same database throughout a mere 7 years 3 months 2 days 16 hrs 6 mins later.

This project taught me a lot about computers and Linux - but I'm glad that it's now solid enough I can run pre-compiled production versions without compiling my own - it's just as well since I don't have as much time to fiddle and follow the commits that I used it.

I wish I were more technically competent and could actually code and contribute back.

iitywygms
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by iitywygms » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Another me too. :D

Andrew C
Newcomer

Post by Andrew C » Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:26 am

Me too. Ive been using myth since OpenSuse 8 (IIRC) and have steadily had the number of things I can get it doing going up every year. Massive thanks to the devs.
Using Tapatalk