CEC connection fails after TV turned off, then On again

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wrighch
Junior
United States of America

CEC connection fails after TV turned off, then On again

Post by wrighch »

I originally posted this topic on the Troubleshooting forum, but having received no replies there, I thought I'd try the General form to see if anyone here has any ideas. Here's my issue:

When I start the MythTV remote frontend on a Raspberry Pi which is connected via HDMI to my LGTV, it connects properly to my backend and to the LGTV to which it is connected. As desired, the LGTV remote control works via MythTV's CEC-HDMI connection to control the MythTV frontend. I leave the Raspberry Pi up-and-running 24/7, and it auto-restarts into the MythTV frontend across power failures. But, if I cycle power on my TV (i.e. turn my TV off and then turn it on again) the CEC connection between the TV and the MythTV frontend is not re-established even though the video portion of the HDMI connection gets properly re-established. After a power cycle on the TV, I can successfully use a keyboard attached to the Raspberry Pi to manage the frontend. But the frontend, which responded as expected to the CEC-connected TV remote control BEFORE I cycled power on the TV, fails to respond to the TV remote even though the frontend video is properly displayed. If I use the keyboard to exit and restart the MythTV remote frontend, then the CEC connection is re-established as desired, and the TV remote control will control the frontend via CEC as desired.

Can anyone suggest a method for me to get the remote frontend to automatically re-establish its CEC connection with the TV after the TV is powered-on again? ... perhaps some kind of a bash script to periodically call some (unknown) mythtv executable to poll or otherwise confirm/re-establish the CEC connection? I'm at a loss.

Thanks for any ideas.

cw