[Solved] UK FreeSAT Tuning Question...

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

diyhouse
Senior
Great Britain

Re: UK FreeSAT Tuning Question...

Post by diyhouse »

As an update and closure on this thread,.. I will add my final comments for folks following the story and how what where happened..
Fundamentally, my initial issue was the TBS official drivers!!,.. not that there has been anything particularity wrong with them,.. its probably an interaction issue with how Mythtv uses them,.. and something was not quite right.
However using the "open-source drivers" from TBS fixed my issues,.. however in the process of testing things and getting everything up to date,.. I inadvertently updated my 28+ database to 29+... ( I built a virtual 29 m/c on my network which attached to my database and updated it,.. dam!! ) as this is a one-way process I was then committed to going to Ver 0.29 whether I wanted to or not...

Hence, I the embarked on updating my systems from 28 to 29,. and creating a working B/E and client systems. To this end I created my own "Build Document" for a 0.29 system built on 16.04. This document I attach for those who wish to read and see how I built a system.
Now I will never confess to saying this is a definitive document,.. ( No-way!! ),.. its just a guideline primarily for me,.. and may be freely used by others who wish to have some pointers etc.,.. like all these things its just one piece of the picture,.. I think I covered most things to get a system running,.. they may not be the best,.. ( I don't know every resource available ). But it gets you there.
Please feel free to use as you wish.
and finally my thanks to forum members for pointing me in the right direction and giving me the guidelines I needed...
Attachments
build.zip
(22.84 KiB) Downloaded 93 times