EPG weirdness [Solved]

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

mythbuntubox
Senior
Great Britain

EPG weirdness [Solved]

Post by mythbuntubox »

Using 0.28 with the OTA EPG for Freeview SD in the UK. It suddenly indicates 18 days of listings, but in fact still only has EPG data for the usual 7-8 days. Does anyone else have this? A little worried what will happen once it reaches the end of the usual 7-8 day period. Will new listings data still be downloaded regardless? Eek! It's currently counted down to 16 days from the original 18 in System Status > Listings Status.
Last edited by mythbuntubox on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Re: EPG weirdness

Post by bill6502 »

Looks like the SQL used is: SELECT max(endtime) FROM program WHERE manualid=0; .
Which makes me think at least one program returned an unexpected endtime. That's
assuming the number appears after: "There is guide data until x" followed by: "y day(s)".
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Post by stuarta »

There will be one single program on some weird channel you probably don't watch, where the EPG monkeys have put in a place holder event whose end time is ~18days in the future :)
mythbuntubox
Senior
Great Britain

Post by mythbuntubox »

Ok, thanks. I figured it was probably some glitch in the actual EPG. Hopefully, they will notice, and it will be corrected without intervention on my part closer to the time then.
mythbuntubox
Senior
Great Britain

Post by mythbuntubox »

Everything indeed fixed itself somewhere along the way, so I guess it must have been some odd entry in the EPG.