videometadata table behaviour

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Yvette
Newcomer
New Zealand

videometadata table behaviour

Post by Yvette »

Hi all - can someone help me understand why my videometadata table changes when I do a rescan of the video's I have?

This could be hard to explain, but it seems almost that there are two indexes for the same table, and each time I scan it switches from using one index, to using the other index. Or that's what I thought. Now though, I've proved that the table is being rebuilt each time, which makes sense - however each time, I see the filename field changing for a specific episode of a specific TV season/episode. And it's not just one series, or episode.

What is obvious to me - although may be a symptom rather than the actual root cause, is that the filename sometimes starts with a / and is the full path, but upon a re-scan, that particular record will change to having no path. And all those that had path's, now don't have paths. And this behaviour just toggles with another scan.

I'm like wtf. Anyone have any ideas?
dizygotheca
Developer
Great Britain

Re: videometadata table behaviour

Post by dizygotheca »

Do you have settings for local videos defined ? https://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Configuring ... l_Settings ?
Typically storage group videos have no path whilst local (including NFS/Samba share) ones do.
So it sounds like the scanner is detecting the same files twice; once via the Videos storage group and then again locally.
I believe the storage group mechanism was intended to replace the local/share mechanism, not work co-operatively with it.
So toggling between them is odd but is probably just a symptom: providing 2 different routes to the same files isn't usually what you want.
Yvette
Newcomer
New Zealand

Post by Yvette »

Thank you so much! That is exactly what was happening, due to my mis-configuration. I've removed the frontend reference to the video library, and is now working great.
Kolbeinn
Newcomer
Australia

Post by Kolbeinn »

Thank you so much, It worked.