is it possible to schedule an hour of no recordings for all

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ibedonc
Junior
United States of America

is it possible to schedule an hour of no recordings for all

Post by ibedonc »

is it possible to schedule a hr of no recordings for all tuners ?
or some way that will disable recordings at the time and livetv is not interrupted
I have 3 DISH vip211k 's that restart at 7am , I have not figured out how to stop them doing that , also do not want them to be down when a recording is going on

I have tried to setup a high priorty recording for each of them them but that does not always works
dekarl
Developer
Germany

Re: is it possible to schedule an hour of no recordings for

Post by dekarl »

ibedonc wrote:disable recordings at the time and livetv is not interrupted
I have 3 DISH vip211k 's that restart at 7am
I only have a rocket science solution (it fits on a napkin, but implementing takes some effort)

The easiest thing to avoid recordings at some time is to remove the guide data at that time.
The supported way is to strip them from your xmltv file before importing it. (I'm not sure there is a good tool out there - e.g. tv_grep - , but it was easy to write such a thing with Perl and the great Perl datetime library. This library allows you to create a set of time spans, then test every programme against the set and rip out every programme that intersects)
You could also remove them via a SQL script that you run after the import, followed by a manually forced re-schedule.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

EDIT: Deleted alternative SQL solution because changing schedorder and livetvorder
to 0 required a backend restart (mythutil --clearcache didn't work.) Plus, for every
showing
of a scheduled program, a log like this is generated.

Code: Select all

2017-01-18 10:28:07.522748 W [3766/3780] Scheduler scheduler.cpp:4627 (AddNewRecords) - Scheduler: Channel WBBMDT (WBBM-DT), Title Elementary Mon Jan 30 03:00:00 2017 GMT cardinput.schedorder = 0, it must be >0 to record from this input.
Another restart is required after restoreing schedorder and livetvorder.

There are Python bindings, however, the issue of disabling an input has
been discussed on the mailing list. The bindings didn't seem to work.
Gribnif
Junior
United States of America

Post by Gribnif »

bill6502 wrote:Another idea, if we're using SQL, look at

Code: Select all

SELECT cardid,inputname,schedorder,livetvorder FROM capturecard ORDER BY cardid;
The orders will probably be 1, 2, 3 and 3, 2, 1 currently. You could change
all of them to 0 (meaning the card won't be used.) Post reboot, restore the existing
order.
This isn't a good idea because any recordings that are in progress will get truncated and, depending on your recorder, Myth might even think they succeeded.

I have two Dish receivers. I set one to do its upgrades at 3 AM, the other at 4 AM. I then set up two custom recording rules to always record a dummy program using the first receiver from 2:58 to 3:15 AM and the other from 3:58 to 4:15 AM. I gave these rules a very high priority so they will (almost) always take precedence over other potential recordings. I set the max. recordings to keep to something low like 2, so that they get deleted automatically.

This almost always works, in that it usually prevents anything "real" from recording on either receiver during those two periods. Every once in a while there will be something scheduled at one of those times that isn't on at another time; I think I need to move one of the receivers' down times to something very different, like 4 PM.
bill6502
Developer
United States of America

Post by bill6502 »

Edited previous SQL solution. Thanks Gribnif.
ibedonc
Junior
United States of America

Post by ibedonc »

for now , I have just created manual 6 min recordings for each recorder that start @ 7:29 to 7:25 , this has the effect of blocking schedule for the whole hour

but it would be nice to not record anything at all