Creating a recording rule that records all shows in a series

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

yawlhoo
Junior
United States of America

Creating a recording rule that records all shows in a series

Post by yawlhoo » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:41 pm

I've been using MythTV for quite a while. In the misty past it seemed fairly easy to create a recording rule that would recognize and record every show in a series (for example, all the episodes of Downton Abbey on each Sunday night.)

Lately, it seems, this has gotten more difficult. All attempts at doing this in MythWeb are of limited success, resulting in the need to stay alert and tweak the recordings going forward.

Maybe I am approaching it all wrong. Does anyone have a good recipe to create a recurring recording of a series?

Bob

wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Re: Creating a recording rule that records all shows in a se

Post by wesnewell » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:55 pm

You can set up about any scenario you want with the custom record option in mythfrontend. Not sure of the options in mythweb, as I don't use it much. A simple examble to record news programs that come on between 7pm and 11pm each night that contain 'News at 10' anywhere in the title. You can also sort out dups, day of week, original air dates, etc., etc., etc.
program.title LIKE '%News at 10%'AND HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime, 'Etc/UTC', 'SYSTEM')) >= 19 AND HOUR(CONVERT_TZ(program.starttime, 'Etc/UTC', 'SYSTEM')) < 23
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.

heyted
Senior
United States of America

Post by heyted » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:28 am

Mythrecmaze: Automatically record the TV shows you follow on TVmaze.com

https://github.com/heyted/mythrecmaze

The version on GitHub requires not using the guide service you currently use, which is too drastic for most people. I have a version of the program that I have not put on GitHub yet that does allow the use of any guide service, but it may have issues as currently written. If someone wants to do some beta testing, I can provide the program.
Ted | My blog

yawlhoo
Junior
United States of America

Post by yawlhoo » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:02 pm

I recently noticed looking around further that MythWeb's Recording Schedules has a "Custom" option that looks promising.

Thanks for the responses and ideas! I will look into these suggestions and see how they work on my problem series recordings.

Bob