How to record program that has already started

For discussion related to MythTV which doesn't belong in another forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

joedotmac
Newcomer
United States of America

How to record program that has already started

Post by joedotmac »

The situation is locating a program in the program guide that has already started showing and trying to record the remainder. I've tried twelve different ways to Sunday and can't figure out the proper selections to start recording a program that's already in progress.

Example it's 5:10pm, a program started at 5pm, what selections are needed after clicking the program to record the remainder?

Thanks
heyted
Senior
United States of America

Re: How to record program that has already started

Post by heyted »

How about doing it while watching live tv instead of using the guide? Start live TV, switch to the channel, and hit record on the remote or R on the keyboard.
Ted | My blog
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

if you're in the guide, arrow to it and hit the enter key. Menu should pop up. Set it to record. Works fine for me.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
joedotmac
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by joedotmac »

To add clarity. I don't currently use any MythTV front end. Only able to use the back end. I'm using the web available guide on the back end to schedule or start recording. Thus from the back end web interface trying to identity the correct the selection criteria to record a program that's already in progress.

Related but I've tried to use a MythTV front end on windows and getting "MythTV database has a newer TV schema than expected" errors. I'm guessing something with the backend being version .28 and the front end being complied on .27.5.
wesnewell
Senior
United States of America

Post by wesnewell »

You should be able to do the same thing with mythweb. Select the show in progress, set it to record, then click update schedule. Works for me here. it starts recording. But I'm still using 0.27.something. Should work for 0.28 too though. However, you probably can't see it in a different frontend version. That doesn't mean it's not recording. Check the recording director for the file.
BE/FE-Asrock AB350 Pro Ryzen 3 3200G, 6 atsc tuners. FE's-GF8200's Athlon II, Ryzen 3 2200G. Mythtv user since 2005.
joedotmac
Newcomer
United States of America

Post by joedotmac »

I've tried this many times with .27 and many with .28. No luck. Tried it just now with MythWeb on the BE. It works. Chalk it up to FM.