ITV 4 Frequency Change

Moderator: justinh

akc42
Newcomer
Great Britain

ITV 4 Frequency Change

Post by akc42 »

Since the ITV 4 Frequency Change a couple of days ago (25th August 2015) All my records of the La Vuelta a Espana tell me that the channel has moved and I need to rescan.

I've been into mythtv-setup (stopping the backend) and gone into the channel editor - and deleted all channels and then scanned again. Started the backend and run mythfilldatabase.

But it hasn't fixed it. I am running debian stable with deb-multimedia - which is (I think) mythtv v0.27.5 (this is a separate frontend and backend)

ITV4 now seems to be on channel 792 - at least that is what mythweb is saying about upcoming records.

What should I do so I can record the Vuelta properly?
akc42
Newcomer
Great Britain

Re: ITV 4 Frequency Change

Post by akc42 »

I haven't actually checked that this will work, but it looks as though it will.

I have gone into the channel editor of mythtv-setup and changed the name of 792 and lowered its recording priority. I found there was another channel, 24, which was also called ITV4 and seemed to be the one with the actual TV program on it.
stuarta
Developer
Great Britain

Re: ITV 4 Frequency Change

Post by stuarta »

Yes there will be duplicate channels for a while. They maintain all the serviceid etc data for the old channel, and renumber it to a high number for a while (several weeks iirc) and then remove the old channel. This allows them to plaster the "please rescan" message all over the channel