Any alternative to Schedules Direct or Over The Air

Moderator: justinh

sidkipper
Newcomer
Great Britain

Any alternative to Schedules Direct or Over The Air

Post by sidkipper »

Have recently installed MythTV on an Ubuntu home server with a satellite receiver card. It seems to be working well, except that I can only see historical listings for Channel 4. My guess is that Channel 4 is only broadcasting now (and maybe next) program info over the air, rather than it being a problem with my setup as all other main channels have full listings.

Is there any alternatives to using Schedules Direct? The setup looks like a bit of an effort, and the instructions on the Myth wiki don't seem to cover all the steps required. But if it's the only alternative to over the air...
MikeB2013
Senior
Great Britain

Re: Any alternative to Schedules Direct or Over The Air

Post by MikeB2013 »

As an alternative to SchedulesDirect, there was a recent mythtv users thread concerning Channel 4 HD leaving Freesat and a solution which copies Channel 4 EIT (OTA) data to Channel 4 HD see https://lists.gt.net/mythtv/users/61569 ... at;#615692

I use Schedules Direct for both Freeview and Freesat, note that if you also want data for some of the other Free To Air (FTA) channels , which are not part of Freesat on Astra 28.2E constellation your only choice would be SchedulesDirect (Use a Sky lineup)

Mike
sidkipper
Newcomer
Great Britain

Re: Any alternative to Schedules Direct or Over The Air

Post by sidkipper »

Many thanks for the prompt response.

I initially tried to clone the Channel 4 lineup, which I got distracted from/gave up on before I got it to work, but now have Schedules Direct working. Initial setup was easier than expected, though have still got a bit of faffing around with xmltvid's to do for lesser channels.