Mythtv + Tivo play nice?

Moderator: justinh

Urkster
Newcomer
Great Britain

Mythtv + Tivo play nice?

Post by Urkster » Fri Feb 01, 2019 2:44 pm

Hi there

I currently use both terrestrial freeview and my cable set top box from virginmedia in my setup.

My cable provider, Virgin media have begun to pressure me into a free upgrade to their Tivo platform and naturally I am being evasive so far!

Everything I have read online about their Tivo offering so far has been very negative!, but from what I can gather it seems to be more complaints about the interface in general.

I am wondering if these problems might be negated by using with Mythtv, or perhaps made worse!?

I believe their tivos are multi-tuner, so be able to record / watch more than one cable channel at the same time is an attractive feature, especially considering how patchy UK freeview can be! – But how / does this work in conjunction with mythTV? With a single output I would have thought not at all? or can the recordings be extracted from the device somehow?

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who uses tivo, particularly Virgin’s tivo with their mythtv setup, or even from anyone with any kind of well-informed opinion on the matter.

Many thanks