Guide Data for Australia

bklein
Junior
Australia

Guide Data for Australia

Post by bklein »

I have returned to MythTV after not using it for about 2 years. I used Shepherd for guide data but it seems no longer maintained and does not have guide data for new (or renamed) channels. I have read that OzTivo is an option. Is it any good? The fallback would be EIT. IceTV is also available but I do not want to pay for guide data.
Steve Goodey
Great Britain

Re: Guide Data for Australia

Post by Steve Goodey »

Topic moved from General to Australia.
Don't forget the Wiki.
bklein
Junior
Australia

Post by bklein »

Well it looks like Oztivo isn't an option (at the moment at least) because they have "temporarily" suspended registrations. I'm still interested to know if it is any good, is actively maintained and if anybody knows if and when registrations will be allowed again.
nexzzt
Junior
Australia

Post by nexzzt »

Can't help with Oztivo, but this is an option: http://www.xmltv.net/
bklein
Junior
Australia

Post by bklein »

Thanks. I will have to figure out if / how I can use this for MythTV.
nexzzt
Junior
Australia

Post by nexzzt »

This is just a quick script I put together, could do with some checking etc. You can get your sourceid using:

Code: Select all

mysql -umythtv -p mythconverg -e "select sourceid from videosource"

#!/bin/bash
XMLTVFILE='Brisbane.xml'
SOURCEID='1'

RESULT=$(wget -c http://xmltv.net/xml_files/$XMLTVFILE -P /tmp)
/usr/bin/mythfilldatabase --file --sourceid $SOURCEID --xmlfile /tmp/$XMLTVFILE
bklein
Junior
Australia

Post by bklein »

Thanks. I'll have to spend some time working through this and trying it out. Shepherd does a lot of this work for you - including guided matching of channels with xmltvid's, updating the xmltvid's in Myth and even writing a line into user's crontab - so it will take me a while to try it out more manually. In the meantime I'm using EIT for the channels that Shepherd no longer has - the EIT data doesn't seem too bad.
bklein
Junior
Australia

Post by bklein »

I ran the script. It populated the xml file. However with the mythfilldatabase part I got errors like those below for all channels - so no updates were made to mythconverg.

Do I need to insert these channel identifiers into mythconverg as the XMLTV ID's?

Also - Who is maintaining this site and where is it obtaining its data from?

2020-09-26 21:59:40.627113 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 96.yourtv.com.au - Skipping channel.
2020-09-26 21:59:40.627323 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 99.yourtv.com.au - Skipping channel.
paulh
Developer
Great Britain

Post by paulh »

Looks like Schedules Direct are now testing a service for Australia for anyone interested in testing the new service.

https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/634384
nexzzt
Junior
Australia

Post by nexzzt »

bklein wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 12:14 pm
I ran the script. It populated the xml file. However with the mythfilldatabase part I got errors like those below for all channels - so no updates were made to mythconverg.

Do I need to insert these channel identifiers into mythconverg as the XMLTV ID's?

Also - Who is maintaining this site and where is it obtaining its data from?

2020-09-26 21:59:40.627113 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 96.yourtv.com.au - Skipping channel.
2020-09-26 21:59:40.627323 N  Unknown xmltv channel identifier: 99.yourtv.com.au - Skipping channel.
Yes, you need to set the channel ID for each channel (using the MythTV-Backend setup -> Channel Editor) to match the IDs in the XML. Shepherd does this part for you which is a nice feature.
nexzzt
Junior
Australia

Post by nexzzt »

paulh wrote:
Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:00 pm
Looks like Schedules Direct are now testing a service for Australia for anyone interested in testing the new service.

https://lists.archive.carbon60.com/mythtv/users/634384
I recall SD did this for Oz guide data a couple of years ago, then pulled it. It's great to have the option, but hope that doesn't happen again.